Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tiny Little Pies

Tiny Apple & Pear Pies

We accidentally got a double CSA share this week (long story) and that meant that we had 2x as many apples and pears. I decided to chop the apples and saute them in EB and sugar as a filling. I used that filling to make Apple/Pear turnovers with Puff Pastry (no pic) and tiny apple pies. Some of the pies have a top crust and some have a streusel topping. I then put all of them in the freezer. Some nice cold winter day there will be pie.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. What a nice cold winter day that will be. I wish there were tiny pies in my freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! little pies! i have had ideas to do this but i wasn't exactly sure how. i guess i would just do it the same as a big pie, but on smaller scale, huh? too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete