Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

This week has been brought to you by the vegetable: Pumpkin

Holy Pumpkin! I have a lot of pumpkin. So, don't be at all surprised that almost everything I post this week will be made with Pumpkin! In addition to the 3 main courses I made over the weekend (for next week - but that's another post), pumpkin cookies, and pumpkin muffins... I still put 4 cups of pumpkin puree away in the freezer. This big guy, an Aluminum Squash, made 6 cups of pumpkin puree! We forgot to get a picture of this pumpkin until after we sliced it open:

Aluminum Squash

The first cup of this pumpkin puree went into Pumpkin Cookies. This recipe is from Dabbles with Apples. These are soooo good and the crunchy brown sugar in the frosting is the best! They are like little cupcakes in the shape of cookies. I didn't change anything about this recipe, but I did need to add a little more powdered sugar to the frosting.

Pumpkin Cookies

Psst - Liz... you need to make these!

4 comments:

  1. i looove pumpkin! i have 2 pumpkins waiting to be made into puree or stews or something (i'm not sure what yet). those cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked the cookies! They're really too good...I've eaten way too many of them already this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were indeed yummy. We just finished them off about 20 minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete