Pages

Friday, December 22, 2006

Favorite vegan products

This list will continue to grow over time.

Food
Coffee Creamer - Silk Plain Creamer
Tofu - Nasoya
Milk replacement - Eden Soy Milk, or Enriched Rice Dream (tastes like skim milk)
Butter replacement - Earth Balance
Egg replacement - Ground Flax Seeds and water for hearty baked goods, Ener-G for desserts, Tofu for quiches and scrambles
Bread - Vermont Bread Company Organic Bread
Wine - Frey Zinfindel
Honey replacement - Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar
Nutrional Yeast Brand - Red Star
Vitamins - Chewable Multi-Vitamin and Mineral Formula by Pioneer
Energy Bar - Cliff Bar - Peanut Crunch
Sugar - Hain Organic Cane Sugar
Powdered Sugar - Hain - Organic Powdered Sugar
Brown Sugar - Hain - Organic Brown Sugar
Cookie - Liz Lovely Cowgirl cookies

Make-up
Lipstick - Zu Zu Luxe
Concealer - Clinique All About Eyes Concealer (works well for blemishes too)
Makeup - Clinique Soft Finish Makeup
Eyeliner - Clinique Quickliner for Eyes
Blush - Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush
Mascara - Aveda Mosscara

Skin Care
Deodorent - Lush Aromacreme
Shampoo - Lush shampoo bars, Aveda Sap Moss, or Aveda Shampure
Conditioner - Aveda Sap Moss
Lotion - Jason Unscented Vitamin E, Lush Sympathy for the Skin
Face Moisturizer - Lush Almond Kisses
Lip balm - Lush Eggsnog
Hand Soap - Kiss My Face Self-Foaming hand soap
Soap - Lush Sexy Peel, Lush Karma

Clothing
Socks - tdb
T-shirt - Food Fight grocery, or Vegan Freak
Purse - tbd
Wallets - Matt & Nat

Web Sites
Vegan store - Food Fight Grocery, Cosmos Vegan Shoppe, or Vegan Essentials.
Vegan Freak
Podcast - Vegan Freak Radio

9 comments:

  1. Mmmm I love a lot of those things (particularly the Lush products) ;)

    I am so mad I didn't get the Vegan cupcake book for Christmas, but when I went to buy it from Food Fight I noticed they stock Wet Nose dog treats, and my doggies love those, so I may have to place an order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a fun cookbook. I've made the red velvet cupcakes and the chocolate on chocolate. The chocolate ones are the best. If you do get the cookbook, consider using all margerine in the frosting instead of the margerine/shortening mix they call for. The shortening does make it fluffier, but at the same time it has this weird slick feel to it too. Works great with all margerine (I use the Earth Balance sticks).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where do you get those mult-vitamins btw and do they taste gross?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I got them at VeganEssentials.

    They aren't too bad. Mike likes them. Not quite as tasty as Flintstones. The label says to take up to 4 a day (or maybe 6) but I just take 1. Mostly I am just trying to get enough b12 and 1 vitamin has enough b12 for the day.

    I have this weird obsession that my vitamins must be chewable. I feel like they will be absorbed better (esp. the B12).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I also saw these at Whole Foods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am on a crusade to find a multi-v that I can swallow. I have such a problem with big pills. If I can find a multi-v that doesn't taste horrible and I don't have to take more than, say, 2 of, I'd be thrilled :>

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be careful about having too much Silk and other products containing carrageenan. A nutrionist recently warned me that carageenan, an emulsifier used in a lot of soy products, has been linked to many digestive problems. See this article:
    http://www.healthy-communications.com/carrageenan.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, since this got bumped I'd love to see which of these are still your favorites and if any new ones have been added.

    Durnit, I just realized I never got the readers' poll issue of Veg Times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok - I'll post a new updated list as a new entry in a few days. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete