Pages

Saturday, December 16, 2006

But, I could never live without cheese...

People often come up to me and say things like "I could go vegan except for {insert favorite food here}". If you have ever thought this then you should do just that. Go vegan except for that one thing. You'd still be making a difference. You'd still be killing less animals and causing less suffering. If you've thought I could go vegetarian, but never vegan. Do that. You'd still be making a difference.

If you are on the fence about going vegan, then I challenge you to try it for 3 weeks. Just try it. You'll see how easy it can actually be. Going cold "tofu" is the only way to do it. A lot of foods like cheese are addictive and once you get them out of your system for a couple of weeks you may find that you no longer crave them.

There is a great book to help you make that final step towards veganism called "Vegan Freak: Being Vegan in a Non-Vegan World" by Bob and Jenna Torres. I highly recommend it for anyone considering going vegan.

2 comments:

  1. That book is on my Amazon wishlist along with a bazillion other vegan books =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Awesome. They have a great podcast too that you can get from iTunes: Vegan Freak Radio. I'm addicted.

    You can borrow our copy after Mike reads it (not sure when he will get around to it - he is playing video games right now).

    ReplyDelete