Pages

Friday, June 30, 2006

Muffin Mania - Part 2: Blueberry Almond Banana Muffins

This recipe is adapted from a Wild Oats recipe. I made a few mofications.

Blueberry Almond Banana Muffins

1/2 c. Earth Balance, softened
1/2 c. sugar
2 Tbs ground flax seed
6 Tbs water
1/2 c. Almond Butter (you can grind your own at Whole Foods)
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c. unbleached flour
1/2 c. whole-wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. flour
1 c. frozen blueberries, thawed
2 tsp sugar

Preheat oven to 325 °F. Line muffin pan with paper liners and spray with non-stick spray.

Mix flax seed and water together by stirring with a fork or whisk. Set aside.

Stir together flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.

Put blueberries in a bowl and toss with 1 tsp flour. Set aside.

Cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir the flax/water mixture again and add to the butter and sugar; beat well. With mixer on low, stir in almond butter, bananas, and vanilla. Fold in flour mixture with a spoon. Gently stir in blueberries. Divide into 12 muffin cups and top with a sprinkling of sugar.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. Hi my name is francine and i met your sister inlaw at therapy and she told me that u can help with so vegan cornbread i have even went to whole food and they cant help me but your sister inlaw said u can and i pray u can....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be surprised if my sister-in-law actually knew about my blog... but sure I can help you. Here is a recipe in one of my other entries:

    http://www.beansandgreens.net/index.php?/archives/121-Brunswick-Stew.html

    Southerners don't tend to add sweetener or the frozen corn so those are both optional in this recipe. I think it was pretty good just like I have it in that recipe (and I grew up in Atlanta).

    ReplyDelete