Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

There really are mushrooms in there!

Tonight's dinner was Swedish Tempeh Meatlessballs with steamed broccoli and maple glazed roasted butternut squash.

The meatless balls are Dan's tempeh meatless balls. The sauce is Joni's Swedish meatball sauce. The only changes I made include doubling the sauce recipe (it made a lot and I could probably have gone 1 1/2 times the recipe amt) and deglazing the mushrooms with a couple of tablespoons of white wine. The white wine added a really nice layer to the sauce. To make the dish easier to make, I made the meatlessballs, set them aside and reheated them near the end, just before serving.

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know that I won't eat mushrooms. I'll cook with them, but I'll pick them out. My husband likes them and I don't mind the flavor. In the pic below it looks like there are no mushrooms in this dish. That was selective serving on my part. But don't worry, there really are mushrooms in this dish... 16 oz of mushrooms in fact!

Swedish "Meatballs"

5 comments:

  1. Wow that pasta and meatless balls look awesome! Im going to have to try making this forsure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so tasty! And I have a couple of butternut squashes (I love 'em!) so I'm going to try maple glazing them. Mmmm... Mouth watering already....

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh - your plate look loaded up with awesomeness! mmmmmmmmm! thanks for trying dan's recipe again - we're glad you really enjoy the meatlessballs! i've never had any sort of swedish meatballs or sauce before - it looks creamy 'n amazing! totally gonna have to give joni's recipe a whirl! i love that you deglazed the mushrooms with white wine - what a tasty decision! might i just add that maple glazed roasted butternut squash sounds too good for me not to try! hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those meatlessballs look SOOO GOOD. With or without mushrooms, I'd love a serving of that.

    ReplyDelete