Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

Vertical Diner - My new favorite restaurant

Mike and I went to Vertical Diner on Saturday. We had to go into Salt Lake to get the car turned up and run some errands which gives us the perfect excuse to eat a good vegan meal. Vertical Diner is really cute. It is off on a side street and there is parking in back and there is an entrance in the back. This vegan restaurant has such yummy things like all day brunch, fried chicken, a thurs night special of Chicken Fried Steak, and some nice sandwiches.

We got a couple of smoothies and a couple of entrees. My smoothie was called a "blue monkey" and it contained bananas, apples, and strawberries. It was soo purpley-blue that I felt like a kid drinking it. And boy did it taste good. Mike has some sort of berry conconction that I couldn't be bothered with as I was sucking down my blue monkey. Ok, I did taste it and it tasted like raspberries.

We split two entrees and both were really good. We had the Biscuits and gravy with tofu scramble and vegan sausage, and Fried "Chicken" with hashbrowns and gravy. We loved the biscuits and gravy and the tofu scramble. We both were kind of meh on the sausage. We also both loved the fried chicken. The hash browns were ok. We'd have prefered some mashed potatoes with that gravy. The two main dishes and smoothies came to about $35. Very reasonable

This is our new favorite place and we plan to come eat at it everytime we go into Salt Lake City. This includes any time we have to pick up people from the airport. They will have to go to Vertical Diner with us (whether they like it or not).

1 comment:

  1. Since I am moving to Park City at the end of the month (and recent visited for a house hunting trip), I've been doing a lot of research into where to eat. I read a lot of comments on the web about how un-friendly Park City is for Vegans, but I found this

    ReplyDelete