Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snow and Waffles

This is our second big snowstorm this week. On Thursday we got 12" of snow. Today we have gotten about 8", so far. A snowy day makes me think of warm comfort foods: tea, waffles, cocoa, stew. So when we woke up to snow this morning, it seemed like a good day for waffles. Again, I didn't take pics of the waffles because they weren't all that attractive. I'll try to take some nice pics of dinner to get you your food pron fix. We made "Waffles II" from The Joy of Vegan Baking by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. We both liked the flavor a lot, but felt like we couldn't get the middles to cook enough. That didn't stop us from eating all of them. Perhaps I needed a touch more flour?

Anyway, since I didn't take food pics, here are some snow pics taken from the safety of inside the house.

This is the roof:
roof

Here is what it looked like after we dug out my cooper (see the sides of the driveway):
Hey look, there's the cooper.

More pics in the extended entry:

No comments:

Post a Comment