Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dino's Beans

It seems like every meal we eat comes in a bowl. Hopefully you aren't tired of pics of food in bowls yet. This dish is from Dino's "recipe". He used black eyed peas in his version, and I decided to use Adzuki beans instead. I threw in a roasted sweet potato and carrot near the end of the cooking. Served with brown rice and roasted cauliflower.

I didn't know how much garam masala to use so I used about a teaspoon. I thought it was too much. I also would cut back on the ginger next time. In addition, I'm not a huge fan of whole spices (except mustard seed), so I would probably use ground spices the next time we make this. All in all it was a good dish and it made the house smelled awesome. We will definitely be making this again - probably with chickpeas.

IMG_1600.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment