Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Joy of Vegan Baking

I was so excited when the UPS guy brought me Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's new Joy of Vegan Baking cookbook a few days ago. It is a beautiful cookbook with lots of pictures. It is a much larger book than I expected. There are so many recipes and so little time.

Tonight we made the Chocolate Chip Cookies. They were yummy, but I have to admit that I like Dreena Burtons recipe in Vive Le Vegan better. That may just be a matter of taste. These were heavier and on the greasy side, but they were very crispy.

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sometime in the next couple of days (after we go apple picking this weekend), we will be trying out her recipe for German Apple Cake. I can't wait.

See the update on this entry.

2 comments:

  1. Can I send you an address to send me cookies and apple cake? ;)

    (kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an update to my previous entry about the chocolate chip cookies from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's new cookbook, The Joy of Vegan Baking. These cookies became amazing the next day. Normally cookies are best right out of the oven, but when we tasted

    ReplyDelete