Pages

Monday, February 26, 2007

Spinach Quiche (Rating = meh)

Saturday night, I made a tofu spinach mushroom quiche from a recipe out of Peter Berley's book, The Modern Vegetarian Kitchen. I have never made anything out of this book that I didn't like. But, this time I did. I actually loved the crust on this pie, which was made from whole wheat flour, toasted oatmeal, and toasted sesame seeds, but the filling was bland. It really needed something, but I couldn't figure out what - maybe a lot of black pepper would have done it. I'll definitely need to make up something to go with this crust. The crust is a keeper.

Here is are some pictures of the quiche (paprika on the top):

DSC01928.JPG

I served it with a baby arugula & romaine salad with dried cranberries and toasted sunflower seeds along with the rest of the cooking wine:

DSC01945.JPG

I do still recommend this book even though I didn't like this one particular recipe. It is not 100% vegan, but it is probably about 95% vegan. Any recipes that call for cheese in this book, call for it optionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment